Posted on May 20, 2012 by BGG
Hello Updaters!! Sorry about the “blog-lite” yesterday. I was traveling and only got a few thoughts up in the morning – then things changed rapidly. I’ll fill you in. Check out *** Current News *** and *** Chat Comments ***. There is some very interesting stuff there. Thanks – BGG
I’m waiting on some more info to come in today – Poppy and I might do a call this evening
UPDATE: Here’s a quick peek…
I’m done with the first part of my trip and I’m up at the cottage on Lake Geneva. I’m writing today’s blog out on the patio. It is awesome here!! There isn’t be a “That’s Messed Up…” yet – I’ll be doing regular updates all afternoon.
Yesteday went from a pretty light news day to a massive turn in the span of just a few hours. Here is a “blockbuster” headline…
Read More Link on Right
5-19-2012 Breaking News: All the leaders in today’s meeting have agreed to withdraw confidence from the Maliki.
There was a “mini-summit” meeting of the Erbil 5 yesterday in Najaf (an additional “secret” meeting will be held today). I did foresee this and even talked about it on the last call (see above).
While everyone was upset early in the day about the negative press, secrecy and possible extensions I had several private conversations with folks while on the road yesterday. I was consistent – even though it appeared to be dragging out I told everyone not to worry. I had a funny feeling (no matter what the press was) – It was about to “officially – HIT THE FAN”. Ask anyone - and now here we are.
*** Current News ***
Source: Najaf meeting request from the president to withdraw confidence from the Maliki and the National Alliance, naming a replacement within a week
BAGHDAD (Iba) .. كشف مصدر مطلع عن ان اجتماع النجف امس تمخض عن الاتفاق على منح رئيس الجمهورية مدة اسبوع لتقديم طلب للبرلمان بسحب الثقة عن حكومة المالكي. A source from the beginning that the meeting of Najaf yesterday resulted in agreement to grant the president a week to apply for the parliament to withdraw confidence from Maliki’s government.
وقال المصدر الذي طلب عدم الكشف عن اسمه لوكالة الصحافة المستقلة ( إيبا ) ان المجتمعون في النجف امس السبت اتفقوا على الطلب من رئيس الجمهورية جلال طالباني بتقديم طلب سحب الثقة خلال اسبوع ، كما طالبوا التحالف الوطني بتسمية البديل عن المالكي خلال اسبوع ايضا. The source, who asked not to be named, told the independent press (Iba) meeting in Najaf on Saturday agreed to the request of President Jalal Talabani, submit a request to withdraw confidence in a week, also called the National Alliance, the alternative name for al-Maliki in a week as well.
I’m always a little uncomfortable with “unnamed” sources – but this sounds pretty legitimate to me. Personally, I won’t surprise me if they don’t wait a week – which could be the reason for the “unnamed” thingy. The smoke trail doesn’t look to be for us
*** Rumor Comments ***
None so far – I’ll poke around the web today and find some junk that needs debunked!! Ha Ha!!
If you find a crazy rumor or have a question about something you’ve heard – bring it to one of the Mods over at www.dinarupdates.com and we’ll use it here. Thanks!!