Post From BondLadys Corner
BondLady & Tlm724 News & Comments 8-21-16 Part 3 of 3
Parliamentary Integrity: UN investigators would review the files of corruption to «neutral»
8/17/2016 0:00 BAGHDAD - Al- Sabah said the Parliamentary Integrity Commission, that the international investigators, who were to agree on their participation to investigate major corruption files in Iraq «will review the files of corruption since 2003 , and neutrally away from any pressure».
The government spokesman, Saad al - Hadithi, revealed the agreement on the use of investigators international anti - corruption in the circles shown parliamentary the move comes as part of the reform plan of the Prime Minister.
Member of the parliamentary integrity Committee, Abdul Karim Abtan, stressed that « the international investigators have specialized and experienced companies in the criminal accounting investigation within the development program of the United Nations dedicated to sustainable development democratic governance, as well as in the prosecution of corrupt experiences and the transfer of this area ».
He Abtan, that this program UN« has representatives in all countries of the world and there are 17 representatives in the Arab countries », pointing saying« We do not deny the existence of a large financial corruption in Iraq ».
the member integrity Committee, said that «this agreement has three important results of the first anti - corruption and to identify senior corrupt and call them to raise embarrassment for the judiciary or any regulator accused lack of neutrality» indicating that «these experts have nothing to hinder detects corruption has long parties».
the MP «among the results , which will hopefully be achieved thanks to this agreement, is the transfer of expertise and training specialists to combat corruption in Iraq, as a body integrity, some judges in the field of corruption cases» adding that the international investigators will be results Khovathm and Mracbathm neutral in the naming of things spade,
adding that investigations will benefit by the Audit Court , which will provide them with all the information and the amounts entered Iraq and disbursed to ministries and government agencies since the Governing Council after 2003 , and so far ».
The parliamentary member of the integrity, he said that« this cooperation does not mean that the Iraqi oversight institutions failed to prosecute corruption, but to develop the Iraqi experience and turn it into reality if accounting corrupt and recover the money ».
He stressed Abtan, the« importance of the recovery of Iraq 's funds which are estimated at 400-450 billion dollars that have been wasted by the operations of serious corruption »saying that« the international investigators will deal with those files in the spirit of the law » .
He noted Abtan, the possibility, to benefit from the experiences of countries in the face of the fight against corruption, especially since there are many countries can benefit from their experience of corruption that have undermined and put her on the right track, by dealing institutional system ».
Vaquero 400 to 450 billion dollars ! wow I guess this guys just steal by habit. I will be surprised if Bank give that money back.
Press Release .. about removing the confusion that has occurred on the issue of the use of international experts to investigate the corruption cases
08/16/2016 Hits: 1432 It picked up a number of local media statements attributed to some government officials on the subject of the use of international investigators; to investigate cases of corruption with a local dimension; and the presence of some of the statements that may have created some confusion on the subject, see the board integrity need to clarify it as follows:
* The idea of hiring some experts and investigators international is the idea of the board integrity primarily, and had put forward at international conferences in which I participated , in particular at a meeting of the sixth session of the Conference of States Parties to the United Nations Convention to Combat held the end of 2015 in the city of St. Petersburg in the Russian corruption, the fourth meeting of the Assembly of States Parties to the international Academy of anti - held corruption in the Austrian capital Vienna,
was the idea presented to the United Nations representatives during their visits to headquarters, where the United Nations has expressed its readiness to cooperate with the Authority, and sent delegations need to study the subject.
She UN desire to obtain the approval of the Iraqi government; in order to hold a memorandum of understanding for this purpose; contexts in accordance with protocol followed in holding memorandums of understanding. In this context ,
the board integrity at the beginning of the month of April of this year , announced reaching an agreement with the United Nations Mission for the use of the expertise of international investigators in some investigations with an international dimension and the recovery of funds and the accused.
* It was the wisdom of the use of the body was the expertise of international investigators is that some things are:
- Assist in the investigative with an international dimension specific issues, where occur to the work of the Authority some investigative issues of the international dimension; therefore chose the body was already three international experts in coordination with the United Nations Mission for the follow-up investigation in the case (ONA Oil),
was announced at the beginning of the month of May this year at a press conference devoted to this purpose for meetings with the team of international experts who visited Iraq details, and held several meetings with the head of the Authority and members of the Committee entrusted with the high-level investigation of the case and still these experts following the case.
- Assist the Authority and the rest of the other state institutions in the recovery of funds and convicts file, as agreed the Authority with the United Nations Mission on the importance of the use of international experts to provide assistance to Iraq in this file follow through international procedures and requirements of this file from the efforts and the efforts of unremitting; in order to overcome Iraq hurdles and obstacles placed by some countries that embrace convicts and smuggled money.
- The use of international expertise; for the development of some Iraqi investigators skills through their participation in the sessions and visits intended for this purpose, and inform them of the advanced international experiences in the field of anti-corruption.
* Here are like the body was clarification and remove the confusion that might disturb public opinion than you might think that the use of the potential of international experts,
but were the result of the weakness of regulatory bodies or being exposed to pressure, as it confirms the body was that the agreement with the international experts was for the above purpose, pointing out that the opinion of experts and investigators international since the beginning was the (lack of the possibility of taking up the investigation in the same local dimension domestic issues)
and this is what confirmed it during their meetings with the head of the Authority and its investigators and what has been agreed upon with the Iraqi side represented Bhaoh integrity since its introduction to the idea of Mr. Prime Minister, the meeting of the Secretary-General of the United Nations when he visited before to Baghdad at the end of last March.