I have tried to relate several times now that I saw Iraqi's celebrating on live Iraqi tv on Sunday... Here was what the news showed...
1. People in their square, jumping up and down, shouting, raising palm branches, and dancing
2. A shot of people standing in long lines at a bank, turning in their large dinar notes
3. Tellers in the back counting the large denom notes with a currency counter, then wrapping them in rubber bands.
4. Stacks of the large denoms in the back of the bank
5. People walking around with what looked like bank books
6. A shot of what looked to be a meeting, possible parliament
7. An excited reporter, talking a million miles a minute as the video was shown...
Although I don't speak Arabic and have no clue exactly what was going on... I believe something important took place in Iraq on Sunday... Some tried to tell me it was a training video they had seen earlier... NO... NO... NO... it was on live tv and had nothing to do with training... there was an excited reporter... Also, I believe there was too much evidence that pointed to people wanting to get their money in the bank... long, long lines... people fanning themselves as they waited... tellers very busy... I believe this is what some of our banks will look like when we turn in our dinar... Now, if somebody who knows how to get back tapes from a live feed can check this out... I believe many of us would greatly appreciate it!! Hope this is positive and leads to our own long lines at banks... Let's Go RV... [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Lisa/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
The link is: http://wwitv.com/tv_channels/b5203.htm