5-20-2012 DocDinar: As incredible as it may sound, it now appears that Maliki is indeed coming to the end of his political career. He has been the Prime Minister of Iraq since 2006, but those days may now finally be coming to a sudden and dramatic end. The meeting in Najaf was fruitful and the Iraqi leaders seem to have come to a consensus in regards to his removal.
During the next few days we will see some critical announcements come out of Iraq. It appears his oppostion may have the 163 votes they need and taken the necessary steps in preparation to accomplish not only unseating him, but ensuring implementation of the 9 points they consider paramount for the country and its citizens.
These points are:
(1 & 2) Provide services to the Iraqi population, adhere to the constitution and maintain democracy.
(3) Adoption of the Arbil agreement, the eighteen points of Muqtada al-Sadr, and the MOU which the Kurdistan Alliance presented.
(4) Deal with issues of concern with the ministries governed by deputies and acting ministers and the importance of independent commissions (e.g., electoral commission) and their remaining independent.
Read More Link on Right
(5) Revive the role of Parliament.
(6) End dictatorial tendencies in government.
(7) Stay away from a politicized army and security forces.
(8) Unless there is adherence to these principles the Shia alliance will initiate a move to withdraw confidence in the government and form a new one.
(9) The Premiership will be limited to two terms to secure a peaceful transfer of power and democracy. Wow.
These latest developments are extremely positive for us and they have me very excited. Things are looking VERY good for us at this point. I believe we can ALL finally agree now that the RV has to be extremely close.
With respect to the timing of the RV, it no longer matters which camp you belong to. If you are in the "It's in the banks" camp, we are there. If you are in the "It's up to Iraq" camp, we are now there also! God bless you all and pay it forward to His glory.