This is a post that ChiefV (PTR) did some time ago. I thought it was important to bring it over here. Many security issues we may have not thought about along with info on wealth protection. Please be safe with your new found wealth!
Words of Advice from Chief:
I had been in a conversation with a member and we had discussed security issues after the RV. What to do, what to look for, what is required? Folks you have to understand that once this goes down, you are going to have to change your train of thought, change your ordinary daily habits, and make yourself invisible to an extent. Wealthy people tend to stay wealthy in what they do and how they do it. This information has been posted in the past on other sites, but I've always kept this in the external hard drive for future reference.
I would highly recommend you do the same, and or devise a similar list that suits your need. Take this information for what it's worth folks, I'm not sure if this has been posted here before, even so it's worth sharing again.
Post RV Checklist
1. Change your phone numbers - all of them; make sure the new number is unlisted. If you don’t, every Tom **** and Harry will be knocking down your door when they find out about your new circumstances.
2. Contact an attorney that specializes in taxes and trust accounts.
3. Set up your family trust(s).
4. Contact your bank(s) and set up POD accounts.
5. Do not deal with banks that have derivatives and hedge funds.
6. Set up CDARS accounts.
7. Pay off ALL debt.
8. Fix everything that needs repair.
9. Upgrade your personal, home, auto and umbrella insurance.
10. (Consider ransom insurance too!) For your family/children
11. Set aside enough liquid funds for you to survive for 2-3 years. This should account for every expense you have on a monthly basis – don’t go short!
12. Invest in precious metals (like gold & silver or Rare Earth Metals).
13. Go to seminars to learn to make money through SMART investments.
14. PAY YOUR TAXES!
15. Pick your friends wisely.
Someone will be “watching you” so you’ll want to do the following:
1. Be very low key (non-descript).
2. Don’t flaunt your newly obtained wealth.
3. Open up a secure Email address.
4. Get a new cell phone number; cancel the old one.
5. Get a P.O. Box
6. Put a security system in your house.
7. Install high security Medco bolt locks, and a heavy duty safe.
8. Install reflective film on your home windows.
9. Consider building a safe room.
10. Get training in self-defense / firearms.
11. Use PGP (or better) encryption on your computer and Email.
12. Don’t trust anyone … keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70329-more-dinar-rumors-rv-checklist/#ixzz1P4QP9ff4