elmerf123456 : ago Here is the rest of the story from Across the Pond. I just received. Please share it in room for me. Off to work Breaking News! Was reported Maliki was plotting to unseat Abadi. So Abadi turned the table on him and fired him, with the blessings of the street and the clergy Al Sistani. #Iraq #Abadi
Peaches1: Several postings over the past week have brought attention to the fact that Abadi is coming up on the first anniversary of his winning the prime ministership. A date cited was August 11th. Some also stated that Maliki might capitalize on ths one year marker to come against Abadi. Abadi preempted him.
Shane: GM TNT With the green light from (Sistani), Abadi is now stronger than ever and will push ahead with radical changes without any hesitation," said parliamentary legal panel chief Mahmoud al-Hassan.
Kue911: Well it looks like everyone is ready. So lets just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apexdinar: this time last year, we were all geeked about a fully-seated GoI...now we're all geeked about the removal of political appointees...what a crazy journey!
tman23: Speaker Yousif Mohammed of the KRG Parliament legally can and most likely will take over Barzani's duties after August 20th for 2 months until a NEW President can be elected...
This appears to be more timing that coincides with the removal of Maliki etc...
The problem in Iraq has been at the top...and the musical chairs game...same players making the same troubled arguments without positive outcomes...
Recall that Maliki wanted a third term because Barzani was getting a third term... They both will be out of the political picture...
Barzani will be a force in Kurdistan behind the scenes, Maliki on the other hand has been delivered his political bankrupt papers...
AND since my last update on consulates in Kurdistan 3 weeks ago of 27...There are now 33 that are official...
RV or no RV...foreign countries are setting up for business relations...it certainly isn't for tourism. *
FrostyTheSnowman » August 10th, 2015, 6:03 am Since Frankie's blue-post last night ... I've been enjoying the very interesting articles and comments by the KTFA family.
Hats off to those who provide the necessary SECURITY that Abadi needs for his new "Titanium Spine" and posture. Think about it ...
- freezing assets
- preventing traveling (escaping) Iraq
- cutting positions & salaries
are not exactly the type of things that will make "friends" within certain circles of the GOI ... but ... may certainly move mountains with the citizens ... and fast!
(In fact ... fast enough ... that things already seem to be "done.")
"Team SECURITY" ... we salute you!!! Hoorah!!! Frosty
Bluedog » August 10th, 2015, 4:04 am
OH MY !!!!!!!!!! 50% CUT ...LOL..... ALL OF ER SUDDEN .........Bluedog
Asadi emphasizes the need to reduce the number of deputies in half
Asadi stressed the need to amend the constitution to reduce the number of lawmakers by half by adjusting the percentage of population, so as to eliminate the sag in the state and its institutions, and also to provide financial liquidity to the country through retrenchment.
BAGHDAD / Obelisk: MP for the coalition of state law, Adnan al-Asadi, on Monday, the first package of reform paper turnout and legitimate demand, as called for political blocs to declare its position on the paper, stressed the need to amend the constitution to reduce the number of lawmakers by half.
Asadi said in a statement published by the local media and pursued "obelisk", "The first package of reform paper it is only demand a public and legitimate in order to continue to address the Daash criminal gangs and restore the usurped land".
He called al-Asadi all of Representatives and the political blocs to "declare their position on the paper that will be reform in the House of Representatives," stressing "making a public session in the presence of representatives of the demonstrators to know the people who stand in general reform process."
Asadi stressed the need "to amend the constitution to reduce the number of lawmakers by half by adjusting the percentage of population, so as to eliminate the sag in the state and its institutions, and also to provide financial liquidity to the country through retrenchment."
He called al-Asadi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi as "feminine ministries and merging some ministries and reducing some ministerial cabin to the lowest number possible, and reduce the number of bodies and positions and special grades in the country."
It is said that the speaker of parliament Saleem al-Jubouri take it, on Monday (10 August 2015), that "good but not sufficient" government reforms announced by Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi package, noting that the parliament has another package.
The Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi issued on Sunday (August 9, 2015), a set of guidelines, which included an immediate a reduction of the number of protections for all those responsible Dmenhm three presidencies, and the abolition of the posts of Vice President and the Prime Minister immediately, and the dimensions of all senior positions from quotas partisan and sectarian.
It also included reducing its ministries and agencies to raise efficiency and reduce costs, and the abolition of the special provisions for the presidencies of bodies and state institutions and officials, retirees, and the opening of the previous and current files of corruption under the supervision of the Commission.
Bluedog » August 10th, 2015, 5:00 am
WOOOO HOOOOOO MORE REFORMS TO COME AND QUICKLY ............Bluedog
Abadi plans to launch other reforms package
A government source revealed on Monday, 08/10/2015, for the prime minister Haider al-Abadi plans to launch other reforms package in the Cabinet meeting tomorrow indicating that the new package will be complementary to the Platform for reform adopted by the government and its decisions, which came in response to the demands of supreme religious authority and the desire of the demonstrators. "
The source said in a press statement for the morning newspaper: will these upcoming decisions to reduce the number of ministries or combined, in addition to issuing instructions and decisions that will eliminate the quota system, and implementation of administrative reform, financial and political, and address the sagging career, stressing that the Prime Minister trend Petrhik ministries and integrate other to be 15 ministries in the final edition.
And taken reflexes on the reformist decisions announced yesterday morning Abadi stamp broad support by the masses and the leaders and parties.
The Iraqi Council of Ministers, has unanimously adopted a first package of reforms at its special session, on Sunday, included
First, the focus of administrative reform
1. comprehensive and immediate reduction in the number of protections for all state officials, including the three presidencies, ministers, MPs and special grades and general managers and governors and members of the provincial councils and their grades, and are converted surplus to defense and interior ministries by subordination to train them and prepare them for the national duties in defense of the homeland and the protection of citizens, and to continue Select other privileges for officials including the (Auto and housing) according to fair legal standards.
2. Cancel the posts of Vice President and the Prime Minister immediately.
3. removal of all senior positions of independent bodies, agents and Ministries and advisers and directors of two years of political and sectarian quotas, and holds the professional committee appointed by the Prime Minister and the selection of candidates in the light of the competence and integrity to take advantage of national and international experience in this area standards, and exempt from do not have the required conditions.
4. feminine ministries and agencies to increase efficiency in government work and reduce costs.
5. subdue other ministries and departments not associated with the Ministry to accountability through calendar programs designed for this purpose and holds the committee to evaluate the performance submit periodic reports to the Prime Minister.
6. Cancel sites advisers in the ministries Outsourcing advisors and determine the three presidencies five advisers for each president.
7. cancellation of the differences in salaries through reform of salaries and allowances system, and provide a new system during the month.
8. Cancel the special provisions for each presidencies bodies and state institutions and retirees, including instructions issued by the Prime Minister to take into account the justice and professional competence.
9. Authorize the Prime Minister the power to dismiss governors or heads of local councils and their members in the event of a malfunction in the performance or violation of applicable laws or corruption cases.
Second, the focus of financial reform
1. repair expenses and revenue structure of the state through:
A. Tackle tax evasion both in terms of income tax and broadening the tax base that the system is covered under the facilitator deal positively with him, and the development of the system on the grounds minute to prevent corruption and reduce the burden on self-employed.
B. The application of customs tariff fair at all border crossing points, including the Kurdistan region and ports; and the use of international companies discreet in this area to prevent corruption and promote national product; and preventing the dumping of the Iraqi market.
2. reduce the upper limit for pensions for officials and the drafting of a progress during the week dealing with the wrong decisions taken previously.
Third, the focus of economic reform
1. holds crisis cell to take appropriate decisions to activate the movement of investment and stimulate the private sector through;
A. Activate loans to stimulate the economy in the country, and operation of the unemployed, both endorsed by the cell in respect of loans scheduled for the industrial sector and the agricultural sector and the housing sector amounting to 5 trillion dinars, and in respect of loans to support small projects amounting trillion dinars. And the committee in charge of the development of mechanisms to submit its recommendations before the end of this week.
B. To work on activating the cabinet's decision and the crisis cell to pay dues payable to the private sector companies, and the announcement of this; in an equitable manner to facilitate their work and create new jobs.
C. The completion of payment term program prepared by the Ministry in charge of Planning in cooperation with the Ministry of Finance during the week, and submit it to the cell crisis for approval, in order to provide services to citizens.
2. Cancel all the exceptions of the Implementing Regulations of government contracts excluding armament contracts in the Department of Defense is currently, and to authorize the President of the Council of Ministers to grant emergency exceptions.
3. activation strategies discreet work prepared by State institutions, including in particular what has been achieved in cooperation with international organizations.
Fourth, the focus of services
1. exit package measures to resolve the problems in the areas of electricity; production, transmission and distribution, and collection and to be completed within two weeks.
2. the adoption of effective community-based control program to detect decline or failure in the delivery of services in order to negligent accounting, requires the collection of activating the work of providing services efficiently, whether at the level of ministries, or local governments.
Fifth: the focus of the fight against corruption
1. activating the role of Anti-Corruption Council, and takes his presidency, Mr. Prime Minister, and the launch of a campaign (Where did you get this) along with the other functions of the Council, and in cooperation with the judiciary.
2. Activate the role of the regulatory institutions and the disclosure of spoilers and establish criteria for evaluating the performance of regulatory institutions and requires; activating the role of the national integrity, and reconsider the offices of inspectors general and focus on the core functions of their office as required by the feminine these offices, and stop the sag in which, in order to be effective.
3. Open the previous and current files of corruption under the supervision of a supreme committee to combat corruption, made up of specialists and working principle (Where did you get this), and invite the judiciary to adopt a number of specialists known judges of integrity fully to investigate all well and prosecute corrupt, and set a time limit to resolve the issues of censorship and expose corruption and announced in accordance with the law.
Walkingstick » August 10th, 2015, 9:45 am
Zebari: any delay the reform process will reflect negatively on the credibility of Iraq in front of the international financial institutions
History of edits:: 8.10.2015 four twenty-two p.m.
Finance Minister Hoshyar Zebari warned Monday that any delay in the reform process will reflect negatively on the credibility of Iraq in front of the international financial institutions.
According to a ministry statement received by the agency all of Iraq [where] a copy of it that Zebari "chaired with the Governor of the Central Bank, the meeting was attended by the President of the Board of Supreme Audit and Director of the Rafidain and Rasheed Bank and a number of the Ministry of Finance experts and Central Bank to consider the restructuring of the two banks mentioned through the banking system overall application and the possibility of increasing the capital of the two banks in order to enable the exercise of the overall banking operation, including commercial banking. "
said Zebari, during the meeting on "the importance of the financial and banking system reform so that it is consistent with the International Standards especially after the Iraq get a credit rating and became part of the movement of global capital markets, and any delay in the reform process will reflect negatively on the credibility of Iraq in front of the international financial institutions ".anthy