How Can I Balance Myself When I Am Affected by Everything – Part 2 by Joel Bruce Wallach
Part 1 July 20 2012 Maintaining Balance LINK
In part one of this article, you discovered how your verbal descriptions of reality create a tension loop that affects your emotional and mental state.
Now that you have shifted your verbal descriptions, you can explore a stabilizing energy meditation that unites your body and mind — take your time, breathe, and guide yourself through these steps:
- Imagine that you are uniting the energy of your parts: your body energy – your heart energy – your mind energy – and your soul energy. Pretend that they are all made of energy, weaving together in harmony.
Read More Link On Right
- Sense, or imagine this unified energy from all your parts smoothly flowing through you. Perhaps you feel it as gentle waves, or a subtle warmth, or a mild tingling energy. It’s OK if it seems that you’re just making it up.
- Breathe in the energy that flows through your body — just imagine that you are easily and comfortably doing this.
- Relax into the feeling. You are breathing easily. Your unified energy is flowing. Just be with your energy presence, however you experience it.
Now you are starting to experience a balanced inner feeling that reduces tension. It reorients you to the state of grace. This centered feeling supports your practice of learning to describe events in non-dramatic, neutral language.
When you practice freeing yourself from your own needlessly dramatic loops, you discover that you are practicing a spiritual path of conscious wisdom. Perhaps you had supposed that this path was only available to special spiritually awakened people. And yet, these abilities can be practiced by anyone.
Basically, you are learning to step back from dramatic descriptions. You generate neutral descriptions of reality. You bring yourself back to your center. And this frees you to access your inner peace and divine soul wisdom. It’s profound, but you can do it.
You don’t have to remain caught in the tension habit. And you don’t have to wait until you are enlightened to free yourself. Higher states of consciousness are a set of choices and behaviors. You can access the healthy states anytime, by choosing the balanced behaviors.
Here is a powerful centering meditation that helps transmute tension — use it when you feel affected by everything:
- Let yourself breathe into your body. Imagine a vast inner imaginary space within you, where the energy of your soul shines brightly. It’s OK if it seems that you’re just making it up.
- Imagine that the energy of your arms and legs is weaving together with the energy of your body. Imagine that as the parts of your body unite, you feel the gentle warmth of life energy in your body.
- Sense the layers of tension — Let the tension layers gently dissolve into your inner bright soul energy. Imagine that your soul recycles the old tension energy into refreshing new energies.
- Dissolve the layers gradually, and one layer at a time. Be gentle with yourself. Honor when you make even small shifts.
- Notice how each little shift feels. This itself is an empowering and inspiring discovery.
This meditation helps create a centered state of consciousness, so that you can quietly look at your life from a deeper, more balanced perspective. You can notice the dramatic words that you may be using. You can let yourself make the shift from dramatic expressions to neutral terms.
This helps you create friendly balance between your mind and your body. It is easier to breathe. Your body awareness keeps you centered. Your soul wisdom is available for you. And you can think more clearly.
Welcome to this moment of peaceful clarity. You are rediscovering your ability to choose balanced states of consciousness, even amidst everything that is happening. May every breath you take unite you with your center, and with the divine truth that lives within you.
Many Blessings, Joel Bruce Wallach
Founder, Cosmic Living – spiritual instruction – tele-classes and home-study mp3′s