4-2-13 Mountainman: Well now that the budget is signed off we're hoping they will use this to eleviate all prior debts as promised. They are also on the brink, or at least making it appear to be that they're on the brink of being released from Chapter VII and have international support to exit finally. I think that could still take months though but I also believe that the CBI will have to "normalize" the IQD rate back to what it was post-invasion beforehand.
Also this will help their negotiations with the WTO and be in compliance with the IMF. So, something should finally be about to happen and all we can do is hope it's a drastic appreciation like we've been lead to believe with all the 1 to 1 articles over the years.
Everything sure does look more positive than it did last year no matter how you look at it. Just my opinion of course.
Read More Link On Right
4-2-13 Romello: I’m not sure why all the fuss about the new currency (to be released in 2014) with all the added features. If it’s true–so what? Here are a couple of comments:
(1) We presume there are already small notes printed awaiting the change in currency value. If true, whatever Iraq does is irrelevant because by that time, we will not care about watching dinars on a daily basis.
(2) It’s interesting they plan to use paper sensitive enough to read fingerprints. Well, I can beat that system by covering my fingerprints with gloves or any number of ways.
(3) To depend on cell phones to communicate information. Okay, I’ll turn off my cell phone if I don’t want information communicated.
(4) I’m really more interested in this article: Deputy for Iraq: Cabinet vote at its meeting tomorrow to amend a general amnesty and legal accountability and justice
Monday, 01 April / April 2013 13:56. What is the status of that law? Then we see articles indicating they will resume their meetings on Wednesday; not to mention the ongoing demonstrators’ continuing demands.
(5) We also want to keep an eye on this article: Kuwaiti PM: Issue with border is over; I am ready to go to Baghdad, even if they wanted me to go today
(6) Over the past week-end, the Kurds requested the UN’s intervention for the Erbil agreement. I would have to believe the UN cares about this matter–just like they cared about the completion of the Iraq/Kuwait matters by the end of March 31st. I would really like the UN to be firm about this matter