He adds that all this is not enough to put Iraq on the path of international economic competition, as
there are still more than (5) Thousands text of legislative texts impeding economic freedom and market activity, holds the legal community today studied and modified in order to enable Iraq to integration in trade, investment, international and prepare to join the organization in accordance with the terms of its membership in order to get our country on the MFN and national treatment principle.
On the paradoxes or problems joining other showcases in favor of the paradox of oil and says, at the time, which is dominated by the oil production on the proportion of about 60% of the components of GDP,
Read More Link On Right
but he does not use only 2% of the labor force Iraq while the labor force we are only 22% of the total population of able and willing to work,
which means there is an imbalance vast installed in wealth-producing human and ability to invest, especially the labor force feminist ones that suffer neglect, ignorance and illiteracy ..
While constitute the country's exports of crude oil and its revenues vast proportion of total exports and budget revenues public and the proceeds of the country's foreign exchange, and over all,
exclude the Organization of crude oil being a commodity within the range of goods traded internationally, is a matter which remains the core of the contradiction in Iraq's accession to the organization which excludes crude oil.
even allowed the organization to enter the oil account to leave Price is determined by supply and global demand away from the cartels or consumer groups and represented the International Organization for Energy and its lines and programs to rationalize the demand for oil or away from the cartel or gatherings producers actress Organization (OPEC) and its role in the legalization of the production and the impact on prices,
something that put limits price and quantity of a commodity commercial, but strategic and political at the same time, which is the driving force behind the trade of Iraq's foreign.
* And related irony of Agriculture, Saleh said: We find the agricultural sector, which includes one-third of Iraq's population and about 22% of the labor force actual does not contribute to GDP,
but by no more than 5 7% at best, making the country a semi net importer of food or agricultural commodities ..
and adds this important sector, which was the militarization and neglect over the past thirty years, does not have the ingredients sufficient in providing food security of grain or production requirements of agricultural after shrinking agricultural areas producing due to desertification and salinization, and poor infrastructure that has overcome the disabling of more than 80% of the arable land.
Here, contrary to the agricultural sector, with the oil sector structural trends in opening up to the global market and different wings of where the impact of the benefits and costs of trade.
It has become the market forces of supply and demand or global controls strongly, both in the demand for oil and its impact on the value of Iraqi exports or in the presentation of the food and the impact on the cost of imports, including Iraq.
On the philosophy of reducing the restrictions of customs adds an economist favor when you return to this matter and the conditions imposed by the World Organization Member State in the group of developing countries to work out and apply during the period of 6 years, as well as reducing farm subsidies (13.3%) and for (10) years collide these conditions with market conditions and the exchange of agricultural nutrients.
If we consider the monopolies the world's agricultural front of the deterioration of agricultural development in Iraq, we find a real threat to food security, restricting the country in the case of WTO accession unless preceded by a start racing or walk in the agricultural program for self -sufficiency and we really will need a green revolution along the lines of what was done by Mexico and the countries of Latin America ..
* As regards the paradox of services and the development of Iraq Saleh said, saying: paradox in our economy rentier higher consumption of limited growth in the sectors of services and merchandise with the exception of the oil sector,
which here is similar to developed countries without the availability of the production base of services and this has become Iraq imported a net of services the outside world and by as much as 7 to 9% of GDP and about 36 percent of Iraq's imports during the period 2009 20013 with the offer that the services sector in the composition of the GDP of Iraq (except oil) accounts for 6066% of the total that output and most These services are not directly related to production real is a marginal sector to closely economy rentier and intrudes on the surplus operations ..
It is known that most of the major industrial countries is still a monopoly of about 50% of the major services and sensitive and did not leave for developing countries only produce services marginal meager .. but there are countries from South Asia and Africa have moved once to the progress and growth of the booming services sector, such as India, Sri Lanka and Nepal, as rising productivity in the service to three times the productivity of the industrial sector which increased the growth rate in GDP of 6% in 1985 to more than 10% in 2008,
and note the countries in southern Africa have increased exports of services to the nearly 25% of GDP .
So become services, skills and requirements the basic service being reperfused in Iraq by import thick of her subject in formations price of what is the case in developed countries, rapid growth across the hypothesis of one price,
something that made a paragraph local services lose their comparative advantage of her and their replacement Balastairadat service.
* Concludes Dr. favor of all that display of paradoxes .. that Iraq remains isolated from Mahtah international without the availability of an atmosphere to interact with the market the hybrid constitutions and international,
including the World Trade Organization will cost him a lot because of the loss of the benefits and opportunities for organizational and benefits of technological, legal, investment and arbitration and to ensure that intellectual property rights and to address the plunging commodity,
the opportunities that are not afforded his isolation from the world, the organizer can not be of a gradual shift to the group of countries stable and low-risk and aspiring to shift towards openness systematic world ..
taking into consideration the importance of what would be provided by joining of providing protection for the work force Iraqi expatriate working outside the country and appreciates more than a million and a half million workers spread mostly in the first world ..
including the problems inherent in the intellectual property rights paralleled at the same time capital of Iraqi expatriate and is adrift and exposed to the likelihood of exposure and narrow your chances of legal defense of their rights as well as weak bargaining power in the protection of their funds ..
so the lack of availability of national capacity official to defend its interests, or take advantage of the return in building Iraq ..
* during the symposium in the midst of the words and the discussions that followed the audience received a message (point of view) to the expert economic emigrants Dr. Kazem Habib followed its content on behalf of the economic expert on behalf of Jamil Antoine and titled (participate in the debate on the draft of Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization) and
the reference to the membership of Dr. Habib in Iraqi Businessmen Union since 2008 and the initiative comes Dr. Habib to participate in this discussion back to what provoked colleagues many doubts and serious about the need for Iraq's accession to the organization, including Drs Zaki, Fatah, Superficial inch, Farouk Younes, full-Mahdi, and Hoshyar known.
* Habib presentation was made to the organization and held conferences with the terms of liberalization of foreign trade restrictions on the international level ..
It oversees the day to 90% of the volume of international trade, although it is not official as is the case with my organization (International Monetary Fund) and (World Bank), where States are organized her limbs which does not not hold agreements with each other on in accordance with the terms agreed upon and in accordance with the principles that are going by this international organization. economic reality in Iraq Currently
* Habib says this while trying to study any subject whatever its nature requires us it is diving deep into the subject and study it in all its aspects and basic knowledge of its effects and side effects of short term and long term consequences on society and public life of the people.
He adds .. a lot of the Arab countries, while economists treat the subject of joining the World Trade Organization wondering about the four important issues:
1. Nature of the site occupied by this or that country in the international trading system.
2 . The level of economic and social development, which reached the country in which to be linked to this organization.
3 . What is the role of the development process.
4 . Is familiarize officials in this country or that the nature of the evolution of this organization and conditions of access to it and the role of the major powers and their impact on the economies of these countries, especially the processes of industrial and agricultural development, and issues of employment and unemployment .. etc.
* From here, while I am following the reality of the Iraqi economy during the past five decades first and then the economic reality now supposed to refer to a number of important points :
- the absence of a real strategy for development in the economy and the absence of a meaningful process of national development ,
including industrial and agricultural despite setting plans do not in any way Taatnfz .
– Intensification of the exceptional nature of the rentier oil economy has become so poses an enormous burden on the structure of the national economy , rather than to be active in pursuance of economic development .
– Height and weight in the relative composition of annual national income .
– A sharp decline in the size of the industrial sector and agricultural production as compared with the seventies and the early years of the ninth decade of the twentieth century .
- High volume of annual import fictional proportions and became a drain on the bulk of the national income and revenue of crude oil , and that Iraq does not have a strong position and role in the international trading system it is a very weak position .
- Continued expansion in government employment and the continued existence of unemployment and wide exposure to many of the country's political and social dilemmas and psychological .
- Financial and administrative corruption that is draining the financial resources of the state and abandon the development process.
- The widening gap between the poor and the rich and Madma Iraq and Almisurien and the increasing number of fat cats and the parasitic bourgeoisie and owners who do not grace the modern heading towards development but towards the parasite activity and the formation of offshore accounts .
- Terrorism, which contributes to the vandalism and destruction and the disruption of development in addition to the killing of people and the broad dimensions of the wounded and disabled for the economic process in general.
Iraq's entry into the organization causes damage on this side calls Habib in his economists to note the facts above clearly .. say .. that enter Iraq for the organization will not be in his favor in any case , and at least during the next ten years , as it will fly massive damage to Iraq through : 1 .