7 Ways To Change Your Life
OMTimes Magazine By Darlene McPeek
1. Think of your ideal life. Write down a few things about it.
What does it look, taste, feel, smell, sound like?
Where are you? Do you live next to the seaside, mountains, or plains?
Who or what is in your life? Are you a solitary person, in a communal setting, or a family?
What role are you playing in your life? Are you active in deciding your role? If not, who is making that decision?
What are you best at doing? What it is that set you apart in school?
Second, what do you like to do most of all?
What gives you the most joy?
Third, what is it that you have a burning drive to do in life?
What is it that you feel you are here to do, aside from the daily necessities of living?
Fourth, ask yourself a couple of questions.
Do you also enjoy that thing? Does it make you joyous in your heart?
3. Find ways to incorporate the things that bring joy into your life, either daily, weekly, or as often as possible. Just do it. Take the risk. Believe in you. You can do it!
4. Look at the things in your life that are working well and keep those in your life. Focus on the good aspects. Keep doing what works. However, do not be afraid of shaking things up. Be spontaneous.
Speak to people you do not know. Make friends from strangers. Miracles are born of this.
You never know what might happen from that split second connection later on down the road.
For example, I met a woman one afternoon on travelling on a train in the EU. Four years later, I ended up living in Europe due to her. Similarly, I met a man in a split second encounter leaving a restaurant one late evening. As a result of that evening, he later saved my life and is now my best friend.
You never know the role a person is meant to play in your life or you in their’s. Take the chance, take the time to meet others. You won’t regret it.
5. Refuse to listen to those who do not believe in you, your individual capacity, talents. Find people or a community who believe in you, who can support you, emotionally, and who you can depend on. Give them support, as well, when you are able to.
6. Take small steps towards your life, the life that you want. Do not get discouraged. Don’t give up. Most times, things do not happen overnight, but in a series of small moments.
7. Over time, you will find that your life will begin to morph into the one you envision it to be. Sometimes, it is just a different way of “seeing.”
For example, I dreamed of living in next to the sea in a small house or barn, be surrounded by big trees, a garden with wild animals living nearby that could come and go freely.
In my present circumstances, I realized that I am morphing that life already, as I live in exactly the place I want to, except that it is next to a duck pond rather than the sea, and I don’t own my own house yet. Everything else is somewhat similar. I just had to notice it.
Maybe you have your own dream life, too, but just do not realize it yet? If not, why not try? As George Eliot once said, “It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
Darlene McPeek is a graduate student in the School of Information at the University of North Texas. She holds a law degree from Albany Law School and a Bachelor degree in English. She practices sun meditation, Reiki and finds joy in the small things in life.
_We added a Wise Words page to our blog in hopes of contributing encouragement and inspiration during positive happy times as well as emotionally hard times --
Frustration - anxiety - and disappointment can easily creep in and take over our positive outlook with the waiting of the fruition of this investment and especially if one is experiencing a financial crisis or an emotional trauma --
A strong mental attitude is a great tool when faced with either of these - Wise Words are a great aide in strengthening the mental attitude --
Please take a few minutes to read over the quotes and allow them to sink in so you can ponder on them and be encouraged and strengthened by them --
We certainly appreciate and welcome comments on our Wise Words Page and enjoy posting them for others to see -- Thank you in advance for taking just a few minutes and sharing your thoughts on our Wise Words Page