(Comments may be made on this subject and will be posted upon approval - Thank You)
LEONARDO DA VINCI -- Italian - Author - Painter - Sculptor and Engineer --- Born April 15 1452 - Died 1519
"Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold. For if you put on more clothes as the cold increases, it will have no power to hurt you. So in like manner you must grow in patience when you meet with great wrongs, and they will then be powerless to vex your mind."
"Oh Lord - thou givest us everything, at the price of an effort."
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure what you do not understand."
"As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death."
Read More Link on Right
_" I do not depart from my furrow" "Obstacles do not bend me" "Every obstacle is destroyed through rigor"
"Obstacles cannot crush me, every obstacle yields to stern resolve."
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions"
The Seven Da Vincian Principles
1. Curiosita ---- Curiosity -- An Insatiably Curious Approach to Life and an Unrelenting Quest for Continuous Learning -- " The desire to know is natural to good men"
"Great minds ask great questions - The questions that engage our thought on a daily basis reflect our life purpose and influence the quality of our lives"
"The knowledge of all things is possible"
2. Dimostrazione ----- Experience -- A Commitment to Test Knowledge through Experience - Persistence - and a Willingness to Learn from Mistakes --
"To me it seems that those sciences are vain and full of error which are not born of experience, mother of all certainty - first hand experience which in its origins - or means - or end has passed through one of the five senses"
3. Sensazione ---- Senses -- The Continual refinement of the Senses - especially Sight - as the Means to Enliven Experience --
"All our knowledge has its origin in our perceptions"
"The five senses are the ministers of the soul"
4. Sfumato --- Going up in Smoke -- A Willingness to Embrace Ambiguity - Paradox - and Uncertainty
"To the medieval mind the possibility of doubt did not exist"
"The greatest geniuses sometimes accomplish more when they work less"
5. Arte/Scienza -- Art / Science -- The Development of the balance between Science and Art - Logic - and Imagination "Whole-brain" Thinking
"Everything is connected to everything else"
6. Corporalita -- The Cultivation of Grace - Ambidexterity - Fitness and Poise
"Death in old men - when not from fever - is caused by the veins... which thickens so much in the walls that they become closed up and leave no passage for the blood"
Sickness - "The discord of the elements infused ingelbto the living body"
Healing -- "The restoration of discordant elements"
"Every man wishes to make money to give to the doctors - destroyers of life; they therefore ought to be rich." ......."Shun physicians: because their drugs are a kind of alchemy... he who takes medicines is ill advised"
7. Connessione -- A Recognition of and Appreciation for the Interconnectedness of all Things and Phenomena - Systems Thinking
"Your brain is much better than you think"
Iron rusts from disuse, stagnant water loses its purity and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigor's of the mind.
"How To think Like Leonardo Da Vinci" - By Michael Gelb
_We added a Wise Words page to our blog in hopes of contributing encouragement and inspiration during positive happy times as well as emotionally hard times --
Frustration - anxiety - and disappointment can easily creep in and take over our positive outlook with the waiting of the fruition of this investment and especially if one is experiencing a financial crisis or an emotional trauma --
A strong mental attitude is a great tool when faced with either of these - Wise Words are a great aide in strengthening the mental attitude --
Please take a few minutes to read over the quotes and allow them to sink in so you can ponder on them and be encouraged and strengthened by them --
We certainly appreciate and welcome comments on our Wise Words Page and enjoy posting them for others to see -- Thank you in advance for taking just a few minutes and sharing your thoughts on our Wise Words Page